Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Doctor Who Along block 11 Striped Scarf

In this weeks installment of the Doctor Who Along, we have "4th Doctor" Tom Baker's striped scarf. Remember that scarf? To say it was long would be an understatement. It always seemed to come to the rescue when needed and somehow magically never managed to get caught on anything - or did it? It's been awhile. Tom Baker was the Doctor that started me on the series in the beginning. I was still a kid back then - hard to believe I know. The special effects in those days were laughable at best, but somehow the show had a charm that made you look beyond all the cheese.


So I present to you, the 11th foundation block for the Doctor.Who.Along - the striped scarf. Make it in whatever colors you choose. I chose to stick close to the original colors. Another Constellations fabric print for the background. Perfect I tell you! Thank-you Miss Lizzie House!


Link to Pattern and Instructions here and on Craftsy.

I hope you enjoy sewing it, it's one of the easier blocks in the QAL. The 11th block means we are more than halfway through this QAL!

Allons-y!

4 comments:

Debby said...

This is great. I think I will have to jump ahead to this and put the angels and daleks aside for now.

Farm Famcies said...

Tom Baker was the Doctor who started me off in the series too! I'm trying to link this to my fb page but the thumbnails won't show the scarf, they are showing other blocks :(. I'm not savvy enough to know how to correct this.
Cheers, Robyn

Anonymous said...

I love it.

#4 was my first doctor, so I have a big soft spot for him. I must have grown up on Doctor Who repeats, because Wiki says Tom Baker stopped playing The Doctor around the time that I was born. Yet still all my childhood Doctor Who memories are filled with him. I have a few vague memories of other doctors, but not many, until #9 came along when I was an adult, and I've been following again ever since.

Great Choice of colours and background fabric.

Jo said...

I like this block, could do with an easier one ;-) My husband once made a knitted scarf like this, but he didn't think to measure how long it was getting!!