Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Prepping for the summit

No no, I'm not climbing Everest - or even South Sister, but I am getting ready to attend Sewing Summit 13 in Salt Lake City.  It's a 3 day sewing and blogging conference. 

I'm looking foward to making new friends, sewing with my fellow sewing geeks, learning some new things and having a great time. Full report will follow upon my return.

In the meantime, I've been prepping class supplies and patterns and figuring out what to sew in the evenings from my laundry list of things still to be done.  Oh and sewing a bit in preparation.  I have these new mail pouches to show off, an update from last years linen version.


New mail pouch style ~ prints 

I just had to use this Dear Stella fabric - I totally remember this plaid print on a cooler we had when I was a kid.  Love it! 




Airmail anyone?
 

If you are attending sewing summit, you just might get yourself a little pouch. Just maybe.  Or possibly some other little sewn goodies. Just sayin'.  I'll have a little bit-o-swag to give away.


And since this is a sewing summit, there will of course be a swap - to my partner - you will be receiving this hexie pouch - whoever you are - you'll just have to wait until Thursday to find out!


Finally, since no sewing conference is complete without some hand-sewn garmentry - time constraints have forced me to settle for this hand made infinity scarf.  It's the best I could do but I really like how it turned out - I really should make more of these.  This project took all of around 20 minutes to sew. 

If you are attending SS13, let me know and I'll look forward to meeting up with you.  We might just sew up some scarves while we are there.  (in that case you'll need around 15" wide cut of  2 different voile prints x WOF or 28-30" of one print).


Happy Sewing!


  

4 comments:

Jessica B. said...

That airmail pouch is my favorite thing I've seen today. I love that print, and your embellishments are perfect. :)

Ella said...

Wish I could meet you in person, but no Summit for me this year.

margaret said...

I am sure everyone will have a wonderful time, creative, friendly and I am sure lots of laughing

Tamie said...

So sorry that I won't be there. Looks like there is lots of fun to be had. Love your scarf.