Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Doctor.Who.Along Block 1

Welcome fellow Whovians!! Are you ready to get your Doctor on?  Soma and I are so excited to finally get this quilt-along underway.

Here we go ladies and gents it's time for Block 1.

Block 1 is the iconic Tardis.  Could it be anything else?


This block is all straight-line sewing and while it's not a beginner block, it only differs in that it has a few more pieces.  You do need some basic foundation piecing skills for this and all our blocks.  Instructions are included along with the pattern pieces.

You can download the pattern instructions here or through Craftsy.  Don't forget to add your finished block photo to the Flickr Doctor.Who.Along photo pool.  I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Happy Sewing!  Geronimo!!!








16 comments:

Lynz said...

Woo-hoo! My Kona solids came last week but unfortunately we're unexpectedly in mid loo-remodel so free time will need to be sneakily stolen!

Jana said...

This is wonderful. THank you so much. Can't wait to get started.

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Awesome! I'm so glad this is the first block - I'm being harassed about making a tardis-something at the moment!

aalia7 said...

Love this! The detail is just great. :)

Denise said...

Yippee, can't wait to get started!

Kim said...

The tardis is lovely! Thank you so much, I think the QAL will be awesome. The detail is wonderful. I really like the background you used.

Lisa Lisa said...

Wow! That is so cool! Your pieces are SO tiny!

KT said...

I wish my piecing skills were better. I am following along but hope to improve my piecing skills before I attempt. Thank you for putting the patterns together

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Yay! I had fun picking out the fabric and sewing this one, Caroline! Awesome design :)

Mary said...

I am so in on this quilt along! Your a genius!

Anonymous said...

My husband would love this....hum wonder if I can pull it off without him finding out :)

rs gold said...

Das ist wunderbar. Thank you so much.
Gold For Runescape

RobynLouise said...

Can I tag along a bit late? It's all Jess's fault as a quilting friend of mine posted Jess's Tardis mug rug on her facebook page and of course I followed the links which led me here. Then....I made the mistake of sharing the fb post with adult DD, who shared it with adult DS who now won't be happy unless I make him a Dr Who quilt! I've never paper pieced before and I have yet to gather suitable fabrics as I don't have much in blues.
Cheers, Robyn

Ali said...

oh my lucky of me to stumble along and find this!

2paw said...

How absolutely fantastic!! Thank you so much.

Renee said...

Just wanted to share a link to the one I made, thank you so much for the free pattern! I'll post them to flickr when I get a chance :-) http://www.quiltsofafeather.com/2013/12/more-tardis-quilting.html