Wednesday, December 19, 2012

For the Children of Newtown


The Quilters Corner in New Milford CT has started a pillow case drive for the children of Sandy Hook elementary school. A great many bloggers and online sewing enthusiasts have joined together via Flickr and other online venues to help out. If you're interested in more info please visit the Sandy Hook Elementary Pillow case drive Flickr site.   There are links to pillowcase tutorials on the Flickr site as well.

They will need approx. 600 pillow cases. Word is they would like to get them to the Children after Christmas break.
  For the children of Newtown
 Tonight I've made up 7 pillowcases that I'll post off tomorrow.
  For the children of Newtown
 My fabric is a little skewed towards the girly, so i have more girl cases than boy ones. I might just pop by my local fabric store make a few more tomorrow to even that out.   Might as well fill up the flat rate box.

If you're interested in helping out you can mail your pillowcases to Quilter's Corner: 312 Danbury Rd. ( Rt. 7), New Milford, CT 06776 Please pass this info on to anyone you know who would be willing to contribute. It is a small thing to do.

2 comments:

suemac said...

Love your pillowcases. I am in the Sandy Hook flickr group. I am going to attempt my first pillowcase this weekend.

Caroline ~ TrilliumDesign said...

suemac I used the tute from Twiddletails - http://twiddletails.blogspot.com/2010/05/pillowcases-pillowcases.html Best tute ever - i really like how these went together so easily! ;)