Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmassy blogging ~ part deux!

Farmland


It's Christmas! Happy Holidays to all my friends in blogland!
Pig pen

A little holiday cheer from our household. This is what happens when you leave Dad in charge of the gingerbread house making ~ You get some serious construction and I wouldn't be surprised if power tools were involved somehow! The kids had fun designing and building their Christmas farmland!

Farmland


Meanwhile, now that Christmas is here, I can write about my other Christmas gift sewing adventures. Here's a little homemade goodness for my mom who is also a knitter....

This bag follows the same design I used for the Holly’s bag for the Urban Home goods Swap. I added in a notions case and a needle roll for straights and double-pointed needles. Fabrics are some Amy Butler Nigella from my stash paired with some lovely Italian Linen (also from the stash). Linings are Bijoux from Heather Bailey and ta dots from Michael Miller.

Then a case just for circular needles.

Circular needle case

This one is mostly made of Echino fabric which I have been dying to use.

Echino circular needle case based on a tutorial over at Wonderland and the Bone Rome


Happy Holidays and Happy Sewing!

A-frame farmhouse

2 comments:

DianeY said...

Obviously, the talent in your family extends beyond you! Fantastic gingerbread! Mele Kalikimaka!

Amanda ~ A Crafty Fox said...

I love the design of that knitting bag! Would you mind letting us know if there is a pattern or tutorial? I need one desperately!