Tuesday, June 29, 2010

WIP Wednesday

A totally just because I wanna, for no particular reason, fun new project


Red Aqua QIP

I'm using the Nittany Block ~ tutorial here

This quilt will include some of this cuteness that Kerri had designed for her shop,Sew Deerly Loved

Hedgie love

Along with many of my favorite red and aqua prints...
Nittany Block in Red Aqua

Not sure where this will live when it's done. Perhaps on the front porch - we need a quilt out there for chilly Oregon Summer Evenings.

Happy Sewing!

10 comments:

Jeannette said...

I love this block and the tutorial too. I want the hedgehog he is too cute. The fabrics look nice together and when you said you would put it on the porch I thought WHAT! then I finished reading. I thought you didn't like it.

Katie Aaberg said...

Ooooh, this is looking great! I love the color combo. Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

wishes, true and kind said...

Oh, I'm so glad you blogged about this! I saw the photos earlier on Flickr, but it wasn't set up for comments. Very pretty -- a new look for both red and aqua and the modified string x block! And it matches the pillow I just got from Jennie (Sunflower quilts) in the pillow talk swap :)

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

This is so so pretty! I have gotta stock up on my blue and red!

Caroline ~ TrilliumDesign said...

Thanks everyone. Joan I didn't realize the Flickr permissions had changed - thanks for letting me know. I think I have it all fixed now.

tasha said...

ooooh, red and aqua! it will be divine! :)

Tracey Jacobsen said...

these are the funnest kind of projects! Looks beautiful. :)

rjtmom said...

your color combination is awesome! make sure you post pics when it is done!

Celeste Creates said...

Great tutorial. And I think the quilt needs to live at my house! :)

Unknown said...

How beautiful. I see some of my fabrics in there, which makes me darned proud.