Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Patchwork parade

DATE: 02/23/2008 02:24:00 PM

Things are back in full sewing-swing right now. I'm in twirlville right now. Patchwork twirls that is.

Paris Cat's by Benartex is the subject of one twirl skirt. I Img_6756
knew this fabric would be a hit with my daughter the moment I saw it ~ and I
certainly love the brown/pink color combo as well. It lends itself perfectly to
the patchwork twirl.


On next to a little experiment of mine. A variation on the twirl Img_6755by simply
making the squares a little smaller and adding a patchworked layer to the top of
the skirt instead of a solid yoke. This one is targeted at Independence day,
but it never hurts to start a little early - especially at my house. Lots of
different prints in this one including Darlene Zimmerman's Little Darlings 6 5 and a little of Mama's Feedsacks thrown in for good measure.

And finally a previous patchwork twirl - more kitties - hmm do you think my daughter likes cats?

No comments: