Saturday, May 26, 2012

Spring planting

The garden is springing to life finally.  My seedings are growing quite large.  See?!


Basting on the patio... ;)

I'm basting on the patio today because the weather is so nice! That doesn't happen very often when you live in the rainy state of Oregon.

This quilt pattern is called Stems and is by Fig Tree and Co.  I love this design, so modern.  Reminds me a lot of Orla Keily designs which is probably why I like it so much.

I really wanted to do something kind of scrappy and use up a lot of my treasured Denyse Schmidt prints mixed in with some coordinating prints.  The background fabric is natural base cloth from Echino which is my go to fave sashing fabric.

So here it is! I love the way it's looking so far.  Now it's off to quilt once I figure out how I'm going to do that.

Happy Sewing!


5 comments:

Cindy said...

It's beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful and fresh ! Love it !

Angie said...

This quilt is AWESOME!

Hitch and Thread said...

It's gorgeous. Love the background fabric you chose.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It is so pretty already Caroline!