Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, new sweater!

It's 2011 now! How many months of writing 2010 on my checks before I finally remember it's 2011?? Usually takes me about 2 months. ha!! We'll see. But, it's 2011 now, Happy New year everyone!!

My blue heaven

At Christmas time, I usually switch over to knitting for a few weeks. Largely because my sewing area is shutdown once the tree goes up and partly because I want to spent more time hanging with my family. So my stitches have been keeping me busy over the holidays. I haven't made myself a sweater in years and years - probably quit that right about the time my kids were born. But now that they're older, I have time to think about knitting bigger projects again. I discovered this Madeline Tosh dk merino yarn just a few weeks ago and it was love at first sight! This stuff is so soft and squishy that it's heavenly. So I decided to call this sweater the my Blue Heaven sweater named for the lovely soft yarn. The pattern is Cable Yoke Pullover by Norah Gaughan from the Vogue Knitting 2010 holiday issue.
My blue heaven

So happy with how this sweater turned out. The project was supposed to last me a wee bit longer though, so now I'm dreaming up the next project.

Happy New Year Everyone and happy Sewing!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Your sweater is beautiful! Love that shade of blue.

Marie said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I love the pattern. Was it a free pattern?

Hugs - Marie